Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy is effective for the treatment of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction.
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy can help during Pregnancy and Postpartum.
At TheraTouch Physiotherapy, we understand the importance of pelvic health in maintaining overall well-being. Our highly skilled and compassionate Pelvic Floor Physiotherapists are here to provide specialized care for individuals experiencing pelvic floor dysfunction and related conditions.
Whether you are dealing with Pelvic Pain, Urinary Incontinence, or preparing for Pregnancy and Childbirth, we are dedicated to helping you regain control and live a healthy, active life.
What is Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy?
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy aka Pelvic Health Physiotherapy, focuses on assessing, diagnosing, and treating conditions related to the pelvic floor muscles and surrounding structures. The pelvic floor is a group of muscles that support the organs within the pelvis, including the bladder, uterus, and rectum. When these muscles become weakened, tight, or dysfunctional, it can lead to a variety of symptoms and conditions.
Conditions Treated by Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy:
- Chronic Pelvic pain
- Dyspareunia (pain during sexual intercourse)
- Urinary incontinence (stress, urge, or mixed)
- Bowel dysfunction (including constipation and fecal incontinence)
- Overactive bladder (frequent urination)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (bulge/organ drop down)
- Vaginismus (painful involuntary vaginal spasms)
- Vulvodynia (vulva pain)
- Interstitial Cystitis (Bladder pain syndrome)
- Pudendal Neuralgia (Chronic Pelvic nerve pain)
- Coccydynia (Tailbone pain)
- Diastasis recti (abdominal wall separation)
- Pregnancy and Postpartum related conditions
- Pre & Post-surgical pelvic rehabilitation
- Hip & Back pain
At TheraTouch Physiotherapy, we take a holistic approach to Pelvic Health Physiotherapy, treating the whole person. Our therapists are highly trained in evaluating and treating the complex and interconnected systems of the pelvic region. We provide a comfortable and supportive environment where you can openly discuss your concerns and goals.
During your initial assessment, our physiotherapist will conduct a thorough evaluation to understand your symptoms, medical history, and lifestyle factors. This assessment may include a combination of physical examinations, internal pelvic floor assessments (with your informed consent), and specialized tests to determine the root cause of your condition.
Based on the assessment findings, we will develop an individualized treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. Treatment options may include:
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Training: We will guide you through exercises to strengthen, relax or teach neuromuscular retraining of the pelvic floor muscles, depending on your condition.
- Manual Therapy: Our physiotherapists use gentle hands-on techniques to release tension, improve mobility, and address any musculoskeletal imbalances in the pelvis.
- Education and Lifestyle Modifications: We will provide you with valuable information about your condition, strategies for self-management, and lifestyle modifications to support your recovery.
- Biofeedback and Electrical Stimulation: These techniques may be used to enhance your awareness and control of the pelvic floor muscles.
- Relaxation Techniques and Pain Management Strategies: If you are experiencing pelvic pain or discomfort, we will teach you relaxation techniques and provide strategies to manage pain effectively.
- Pre and Postpartum Care: We offer specialized care for individuals during pregnancy and after childbirth, addressing musculoskeletal changes and providing guidance for a smooth recovery.
Our goal is to empower you with the knowledge and skills necessary to take control of your pelvic health and improve your quality of life. We will work closely with you throughout your treatment journey, providing ongoing support and monitoring progress to ensure optimal outcomes.
Take the First Step towards Better Pelvic Health:
If you are experiencing any symptoms related to Pelvic Floor Dysfunction or have concerns about your Pelvic Health, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at TheraTouch Physiotherapy. A dedicated Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist is ready to help you on your path to recovery. Schedule an appointment today and let us be your partner in achieving optimal pelvic health and overall well-being